Photos on Flicker

Christine Denis Photography. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Weekend Recap # 4

I have to do another "recap" post, because I haven't posted in a while. Friday was a work day, nothing too interesting happened, just the usual work, but we did get to go out for Thai at lunch - which is always yummy! We also had to have some of our nicest trees cut in preparation for the septic tank and new well installation that will hopefully happen over the next few weeks. It was quite sad coming home and seeing that our big pine was no longer standing. I hate cutting trees. But we had to do it, and so it was done. Eric had hockey, and I really just felt like flaking in front of the TV. But what really happened was that I fell asleep after putting Abby to bed. I was more tired than I thought so I passed out for almost two hours, work up to have a tea and watch Gray's Anatomy, then went back to bed. I was planning on getting ready for out chili party, but didn't!

Saturday was packed full of to dos, because we were hosting a big Hike and Chili party. Unfortunately the forecast didn't cooperate and it poured rain all day forcing us to cancel the hike. But of course, the chili dinner was still on. I went to gymnastics in the morning with Abby, then got started preparing the food. We were pretty organized and had everything ready by 4:00 giving us some time to dance with the girls in the living room (they were dressed up in their pricess dresses, so we pretended to be at the Cinderella ball. Daddy being the prince of course!)

Drizella attacks Cinderella for stealing away the Prince

After that everyone started piling in - we had 14 adults and 8 kids - which is a lot for us. At one point it was like a bomb had gone off in the playroom! Hopefully fun was had by all, we certainly had fun. It had been a while since we invited so many people over!

Today we are just cleaning up, doing laundry and Eric is outside busting his butt getting the property ready for the work. I have a feeling he'll be very sore tonight, so I should pull out the Ibuprofen now! And tomorrow it's back to work!

See all you bloggy lurkers later!

1 comments:

Anonymous October 26, 2008 at 9:12 PM  

The forestry chick hates cutting tress? I'm confused! ;-)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP