Photos on Flicker

Christine Denis Photography. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Sunday, October 5, 2008

GWG and the Weekend

Our United Way Hockey Hockey tournament ended on a perfect note - we WON!! Our team was really good, and despite the fact that we were all playing together for the first time we played really well together. We communicated well, changed well (which is important when you have 7 forwards, one too many for even lines) and obviously scored!! I played forward, which I don't usually do, and I loved it. I like to switch it up from time to time, I find it keeps me sharp in the position I play. It also gives me the opportunity to shoot on the net more, and score - which I did for the game winner in our final!! So all in all it was a fun time and I look forward to it next year!

The weekend has been good. Friday night was quiet. I watched a little TV and finished the final book in the Twilight Saga - Breaking Dawn. After Twilight, the first book in the series, this was my second favourite of the 4. I'm a little sad to be finished the series, because they were a really fun and easy read! I think I may re-read Twilight, since I have nothing else to read right now, except for The Pillars of the Earth. But I'm not sure I'm ready to jump into that one. If anyone has any suggestions for some really good books, post a comment for me, I usually go on people's suggestions for books!

We've been spending time outside because it's so beautiful this time of year! It's crisp - 13 degrees, so the hats and mitts have come out for good. It's been fun trying to rake the leaves because this happens:



The girls run though the leaves, and then sit down in the middle of them! It brings back so many fun memories of being a kid during the fall! This is a VERY small pile of leaves, by the time all the leaves have fallen, we've done a good 4 rounds of raking. Maybe I should just wait until they are all down and do one big one? I'm just so thankful that we live on the edge of a ravine and I can just rake them down the hill, and don't have to pack them up into bags.

Sunday was a little bit of the same. Eric participated in the Run for the Cure. Did a 5km in the morning then came back home for lunch. I stayed here, because Gillian is sick, I didn't want to drag her all the way into town and stand in the cold for a few hours. So we played in the house for a while, then moved outside for more fun in the leaves and on the swing.

(Would have been a perfect shot if it had been in focus!!)


Abby and Gillian giggle at eachother
from inside and outside!

Tonight I'm making a Steak and Guiness stew (Jamie Oliver) with mashed potatoes and salad. I would also like to make an apple crisp for dessert, if I have time (they are pretty quick so I probably will!!)

That's all for this weekend. Upcoming next week: Gillian's extractions (Tuesday), and my parents are back from France (Sunday)!


2 comments:

Anonymous October 5, 2008 at 1:30 PM  

very clever.

Anonymous October 5, 2008 at 8:11 PM  

I would definitely recommend Remembering the Bones by Frances Itani. Well paced, and lots of interesting characters.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP