Photos on Flicker

Christine Denis Photography. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Monday, October 20, 2008

Busy but fun weekend.

This is really just a boring update of our weekend! Nothing too deep or insightful here, just a recap with a few pics to illustrate!

I returned from a good trip to Toronto on Friday. It was quick and I was walking around a lot, but overall good. The conference trade show was interesting, however having to talk to sales reps all day can be very tiring.. it's hard to cut through the sales crap (no offense Richard, you of course never talk crap - you keep it real!). On Saturday night I met up with Richard, Deirdre and Evan (my cousins) for dinner at Sushi Queen. It was very yummy and I ate too much! Afterward I went back to their place to chat, which was nice because I never visit them enough so there is a lot to catch up on! What was really fun was that I got to play with his $8000.00 camera!! Wow, cool. I had dreams about the wicked fast shutter speed that night! 15 RAW files/3 sec or something ridiculous (Richard can correct me if I'm wrong on that, but whatever it's lightening fast!) Too bad they are so pricey!

I returned to Ottawa Friday night to three beautiful smiling faces (Eric was smiling because I could now relieve him and he promptly took off for hockey!!). Saturday morning was Abby's second gymnastics class. We switched to the earlier time, which was full initially, but all the traumatized kids dropped out, leaving space for us!! Yeah, separation anxiety!! It is not only at a better time, but it's also at the same time as her buddy Savanna. So I got to hang out with Phyllis (our daycare provider and her foster Mom) which was fun.

Sunday was packed full of visits, first Eric's cousin Chris, Beth and their kids William and Sophie came for a visit. They also live in Toronto and we rarely see them! William and Abby had a ball raking and jumping into the leaves! Again the pile was taller than either of them, and for a while we couldn't even find William because he was completely buried by the leaves!

Putting the kids to work raking up the leaves.

Suddenly William disappeared!

Gillian looks on in amusement.

Leaf jumping!

After Chris and Beth took off, we got ready to host dinner for our friends Den and Alexei and their children Harrison and Sophie. It was their condo we stayed at in Maine back in July, so it was a very belated thank you dinner for them! We had a yummy roast beef with mashed potatoes and strawberry rhubarb pie for dessert.

After they took off, we basically crashed! Burnt from a fun but busy few days!

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP