Photos on Flicker

Christine Denis Photography. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Getting Artsy!

I have been seeing many layouts at DD where the artist uses paintbrush stokes to create a clipping mask. Clipping masks really revolutionized my digital scrapping and I've never turned back (ie: trying to resize a photo so that it fits properly in a frame). So I saw this layout by Carol: Harry and Me which I thought was so cool and this layout by bjwtville (sorry I don't know your real name!!) Listen Up which was equally cool in her use of creating a clipping mask with Dripped Stains. Being so inspired I had to try it and I came up with this:

It was a fun one to put together. Now I just have to figure out how to "paint" in Photoshop, so it will actually look like natural brush strokes. If anyone knows how do this, please leave me a comment!

My dad saw an add for the Henry's Show in Ottawa. I'm going to try and go, maybe even on the Friday. I'm sure I'll be able to test drive a bunch of cameras and really figure out what would be best! I'm excited. I hope Dad wants to go with me..

1 comments:

Anonymous October 23, 2008 at 8:25 PM  

Wow, I really love what you've done here. it looks great. I'll have to try this too!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP