Photos on Flicker

Christine Denis Photography. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Eat, Relax, and Indulge

In the novel "Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert, she spends the first 4 months of her year long journey in Italy simply enjoying everything with no guilt. Last night Eric and I did just that type of thing at Le Nordik Spa. We went with our friends Lynne and Andrew, meeting them there at 6:00 pm for dinner at the restaurant. We ate tapas, drank wine and had a great supper before heading to the baths. We spent the next 3 1/2 hours chilling out in the various hot/cold/rest areas , being shushed by the Nordik staff because we were talking too loud at times, and sleeping by the fireplace (Lynne!). At 10:00 pm, when the Spa closed we went in for our wine and cheese to cap off the night, then were home by 11:00 pm feeling really relaxed, and very tired! It was so wonderful, to go in there and just ENJOY everything to it's fullest!

Today we went down to Eric's parents place for a swim, the water is getting a little warmer, but it was still a little cold when you first get in! Abby has always got to get in twice, first she screams "Too cold!", then gets out, then gets right back in. I think it's more of a thing that she doesn't want to be left on shore without me! The Canadian Geese had a field day with their lawn. We think they were there for an overnight party and did a number with there poop! Quite yucky!

After the girls had their nap, we went down to the GRYC because the wind was pretty good and I thought I would try to go sailing. When we got down I chickened out because it was just too windy and I didn't want to freak out in the high winds and tip the boat. I can't wait until I feel comfortable enough to just go down, rig the boat and go for a sail! I know it will happen one day, perhaps when the kids are older and more independent, so that we can actually go down for the day! Right now it's just too tough to be down there with both kids. There is so much water all around that you have to be constantly watching Abby, and Gillian doesn't walk yet, so we can't just stick her down, the terrain is too rough. Here are a few shots of the club:


It's an island so this is the dock to come in
where the big boats are kept.
A shot of the clubhouse.

Abby wishing she could play/reach the tether ball.

Having a little snack of Cheerios and juice on the point.

It's a great place to be, and we're happy we are now members and we are really looking forward to rasing our kids there. They run summer camps for little sailors and it looks like they all have so much fun down there!

Off to bed again. It's 10:45, but I had accidentally fallen asleep after putting Gillian to bed at 7:00 pm. I was a little groggy, as I do get when I sit and cuddle with her in the glider chair in the dark, so I went to lie down for "5 minutes", then 3 hours later woke up! oops! If I don't get back to bed then I may be up scrapbooking all night long! Or finding things to order on-line at 2:00 am, like I did the night before!

Good thing I don't work tomorrow!

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP