Photos on Flicker

Christine Denis Photography. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Friday, June 13, 2008

Crunch and Fry

Oh what a week is has been. I've been out of touch because of the "Fry" bit in the title, which I will explain later... but first about the "Crunch" bit...

Let's start with some advice, well two pieces.. first: Don't, at least - try not to, drive your car into the garage with your bike on the roof rack. If you really feel that you do need to do this, then at least do it with your cheap bike on top, and not a good bike. And really, you should go slowly for maximum impact sound effects... (Since I did have the urge to try this, I at least did it with my cheap bike, and not all was lost, I fixed it up enough to ride again. Good thing I drive slowly)

Next piece of advice: GET A UPS (uninteruped power supply) with SURGE Protection. And get it now! Oh and a side bit of advice - back up, back up, back up!! Because if you don't follow the UPS advice at least you'll have your precious photo files backed up in a safe place or three!

I'm saying this because on Wed, I came home and the power was out in most of our house except for a few places in was in a surge state! We called Hydro, they came and found that the cable going from the pole to our house had come partially disconnected. And it created a surge in the house, and fried my computer's power supply, all of our clock radios, and fans. Thank goodness it was only my power supply. Francois came by and fixed it tonight so I was up and running again in no time. This event gave me a little scare, because I could have lost the entire computer. Luckily I registered for a Carbonite account a little while back, I purchased an EHD and I burn DVD each month with my photos on them, to I do have a triple backup of all my files and programs... just in case it's a major failure next time.

Ok enough with dishing of advice. It was a crazy week, so I didn't take many photos. Just a couple to post from today at my parents:


Hope you didn't miss me too much Beth!! :)

And a Layout I did today:

Bye Bye!

2 comments:

Anonymous June 13, 2008 at 9:47 PM  

Ive read this topic for some blogs. But I think this is more informative.

Anonymous June 13, 2008 at 10:22 PM  

Oh I missed you. I was just telling Chris that I hate that you are back at work. That sucks about the bike. I once backed out of the garage with one of the car doors open but luckily I caught it in time.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP