Photos on Flicker

Christine Denis Photography. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Are Bagels Really Bad?

I work with a woman who is a member of Weight Watchers. I applaud all those people out there who can actually use self control when it comes to food, because if I ever had to diet, I could never do it. I'm not exactly skinny Minny, but I'm not over weight either, (except when you refer to the BMI, then I am ???? But apparently it doesn't take into account those who are particularly active - which I keep telling myself that I am...) anyway, I was asking my colleague about how Weight Watchers work as I remember my mom doing it about 10 years ago, and counting points, weighing everything, measuring how much wine she drank (GASP!!). I gave it a go for a week back then, and almost passed out. Depriving myself of food, is just not my thing. I get totally crazy, feel like I'm going to faint, start shaking like gumby, and get cranky. She described to me how many points she gets in a day, and what that entails and she said "Bagels are bad". I have a bagel a day smothered with rich cream cheese - none of the light stuff for me! I'm sure that would count for at least a third of the points in a day! I love my bagel and coffee in the morning, and this is the reason that I could probably never succeed at Weight Watchers. I'd need a diet out there that says that bagels are good... because bagels are my friend.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP