Photos on Flicker

Christine Denis Photography. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Monday, September 15, 2008

I need a day off!

Work is busy, which I like so I'm not complaining. Life is busy. I can never seem to keep enough milk in the house, every time I go to get another bag out it seems like the last one! Things are starting to pile up in my office, in the kitchen and in the laundry room. Little things I'd like to get to don't. Like putting together a 12 x 12 book to send to Shutterfly, since I won a free book from DD. I've been wanting to put together a slide show of Gillian's First Year and Abby's first 3 years, which include photos and video all to nice music, I want to finish scanning my old family slides and get started on Eric's, I want to continue going through my restoration and retouching book... and the list goes on.

So I think I'll take a day or two off and get some of this stuff started, at least. I don't want to delude myself into thinking I'll get that done in two days, but get started would be good.
It would help if I could also get a good night's sleep before this reward of two days off, so I'm feeling fresh and creative for it. You know maybe I should call it a two day creative retreat, at my place! Maybe I'll do this around my birthday, as a little birthday present for myself, I usually use that excuse to buy something frivolous, but a day off would be great too!

I made these cookies yesterday, of course I added a cup of chocolate chips, which made them extra yummy. Abby helped me out, while Gillian sat in her chair playing with Daddy's Blackberry! While I was spooning the batter on to the cookies sheets, I felt like I was racing the clock, the clock being Abby scooping up an equal amount of cookie batter into her mouth. She kept giggling each time I caught her stealing another handful!


Martha Stewart's Everyday Food
Cookie of the Month - September.

Early day tomorrow, since I'm going to bike. I'm trying to stretch out the biking days until the end of Sept. Then I'll switch to the spinning class in the morning at work.

Anyway, off to bed!


0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP