Photos on Flicker

Christine Denis Photography. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Fun and more Fun!

I took yesterday off, and as the title said I had fun! And in more ways that one. I spent most of the morning working on a chapter in my restoration book titled "Dust, Mold and Texture". It taught me how to remove dust spots, and minor scratches and marks using the spot healing brush. It was neat and worked really well! Luckily the photos I was working on weren't too damaged, so it wasn't taking much to fix them up. It was fun to learn another new trick to add to the cool list of tricks I've amassed since picking up this book. I can't wait to be able to tackle a serious job, where parts of a photo are missing. Luckily most of the family photos I have are in very good shape. The challenge I have is trying to restore colour in a badly faded or discoloured photo or slide. But I haven't even tackled the colour chapter in the book.

While working away on this I took the time to flip through the newspaper, and I came across the Future Shop flyer. I saw that the Bamboo Fun Tablets were on sale. Not a huge discount but enough to get me interested! I had always wanted one and was planning on asking for it for my birthday/Christmas. So I checked the on-line store and noticed that I could order it and pick it up at Gatineau, without being charged shipping... so I did it. Very impulsive, I know, but it was FUN! I went out, picked it up, grabbed some groceries on the way and rushed home to plug it in. I love it so far. It's so neat. It's got a mouse and a pen stylus, I've been only using the pen mainly to get used to it, but also because it was easier than I thought. I'm looking forward to getting the chance to do some touch up work with it.

This morning Gillian was up at 5:30!! So early! I tried to get her back to sleep but it didn't work, Abby woke up shortly after that, and then Gillian was up for good at 5:45 or so. I really hope that she starts sleeping in because this is killing us! Abby had her first gymnastics class today. I really prepared her for it, because it takes place at the local French school and the parents go in for the first 5 min of the first class, but then we aren't allowed in the room. They banish us to wait in the hall for 55 min while they take them through the circuit set up. Abby kept saying, no "I don't want you to leave" but I kept repeating that she would have fun and she is a big girl now... when I left the room she was wailing in the head instructors arms! But when I peeked 2 min later, she was standing happily with all the other kids, arms links playing with rubber rings. She didn't cry once during the whole class - from what I saw anyway! We'll see how it goes next time, when she realizes what is going on. I'm hoping it was fun enough for her so that she is eager to go back. When we drove by the school later in the afternoon, she yelled out - "There is my school, school for gymnastics!" so that was a positive sign.

Off to bed early tonight, because I have to be ready to get up at 5:30 with Gillian tomorrow! So I won't be posting any photos today. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have more of Big Dad and the girls!

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP