Photos on Flicker

Christine Denis Photography. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

BA is the way

I'm taking a Business Analyst course. It's not terribly exciting material, but what is terribly exciting are the possibilities it may lead to. You see, BA work is sorely lacking in the work I do, it's like it is just skimmed over and really by-passed to get onto delivering a solution, which is what everyone one wants... I mean who really wants to sit there and plan what is needed in a car, lets say, why not just go out and buy the Porsche! What organizations are starting to slowly realize (and I mean slowly) is that the identification of requirements is essential to the success of a project in the end. But there is no organization dedicated to business analysis, like we have for project management (which is where I work). And that is why projects pay BA's so much money to do what they do! And that is where the possibilities lie!!

1 comments:

Anonymous September 11, 2008 at 8:29 AM  

It sounds like you are excited about this BA stuff. Maybe you'll become one? I know how much they got paid in my project and it's no small potatoes!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP