Photos on Flicker

Christine Denis Photography. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Canada Day!

I didn't get a chance to do my Canada Day post! I fell asleep to early on Tuesday, and then last night I had my hockey game, so here I am now (having almost fell asleep just 30 min ago...)

Tuesday was Canada Day. Abby was quite excited about it, yelling "Canada Day" all day long and having a red shirt to wear! Unfortunately I wasn't prepared enough for Gillian and realized on Tuesday morning that I didn't have a red shirt for her! Luckily she is too young to feel left out! We just stayed close to home in the morning, because it had been a sleepless night with Gillian and they both woke up at 5 am!! By 10:30 am, Abby was asking to go for her nap. So we put them both down and they slept until 1:00 pm!

12:00 pm, is the official kickoff of the celebrations and that is the time the jets and Snowbirds do their fly past by Parliament Hill. We are so lucky because when they fly past parliament, they always head straight north up the Gatineau river and turn around basically right over our house. Some years they are really low so it's pretty cool to see them come so close. So after about 5 attempts I finally got this (sorry quality is pretty crap on the web!!):



Then on the next flypast I got this one:



Just SO COOL to see!!!

In the afternoon we went to Wakefield to check out the celebrations there. The weather was beautiful, and Abby had a great time on the slides and swings. Unfortunately because of all the rain the grounds were really wet and muddy! But it was a sea of red t-shirts and kids!

Walking to the community centre


Gillian is wondering why everyone
is in red!

Checking out the river


Back at home, Gillian catches up on some reading...

Hope you all had a good Canada day!

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP