Photos on Flicker

Christine Denis Photography. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Beautiful and Burnt Saturday

I'm burnt. You'd think I would know better, slathering sunscreen on the kids all the time. But I kept thinking to myself -- I'll get to it, I'll put it on... but never did. We spent the morning at our friend's place swimming in their pool and getting all the info we need for our stay at their place in Maine next week. It was beautiful, they have such a wonderful pool that is high up on a hill looking across to Camp Fortune.

"Who's are these?
I think they are too big for me?"


Look who is swimming on her own (with floaties!)


After a swim and lunch we came home and I quickly took off to the yacht club to attend the 3rd Learn to Sail course. The weather was perfect for sailing. The wind was blowing quite well, maybe too hard for beginners, but we went for it anyway. There were only two of us yesterday so we basically had private lessons. We rigged up the Lasers and hit the river! I must admit I was pretty nervous, because there were white caps and the other boats were just screaming along. But with Anke's great coaching, she got me to stick my butt out of the boat with my feet on the hiking straps and lean straight back in the hiking position. It was fun!! I wish I could have taken photos!

The rest of the day was spent with the girls at home. Gillian is fully walking now, and she walks at every opportunity, which is fun. She she is still pretty unstable, but getting better all the time! I took some video yesterday:








And finally it looks like we've created another fearless little girl... she is all about the slide, and doing it on her own. Click on image for larger:

(disclaimer: no babies were hurt in
the photographing of this event.)

Now I'm off to find the Solarcaine!

1 comments:

Anonymous July 13, 2008 at 9:32 AM  

It's nice to hear what you are doing. I love the last photo of Gillian, before the series with the slide. The light is so cool!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP