Photos on Flicker

Christine Denis Photography. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Friday, July 4, 2008

My new toy

I got a new toy! I was envious of Beth's new toy and was wondering for how long I could wait to get myself one, but I think I've found something to occupy me for a long while! I finally invested in a new scanner. I've been wanting to get one for months now. I took the Scanning and Restoration course to see what I would need, I've been reading the book called Photoshop Restoration and Retouching and have collecting old photo albums, slides and negatives from my parents. So now that I got my scanner I can get to work!! (don't worry I didn't pay that much, I got a great deal at Best Buy). It's amazingly fast, it produces really clear scans and I can scan just about anything, it's very exciting. Here are a few samples that I just did tonight:

These two are 3 1/4 '' negatives from my mom. It says on the envelope that they were taken post 1940 by her Dad:

I think this is my Aunt Lucy
(?? Mum can you verify?)

This may be my Mum?

And these are from my baby album:

This is little chubby me @ 4 months!
This is the original untouched scan

And this is the After a quick touch-up.

WOW I'm going to have a lot of fun with this! I have a box full of slides, and so does Eric! It will be fun going through them and capturing old memories. Lots of scrapbook pages to come!

1 comments:

Anonymous July 5, 2008 at 9:58 AM  

Wow - You are going to be busy with this. I can't believe the quality on those old photos, yes, even the 'old' photo from '74!
Those black and whites are gorgeous!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP