Photos on Flicker

Christine Denis Photography. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Photo Shoot Setup - Sharing trade secrets!

I promised my friend Jen that I'd post some pictures of my photo studio set up next time I did it. I set it up in my living room, by moving all the furniture out of the way... yes, a real pain, but it's the best space to do it! Put the floor down and set up the backdrop. I took these photos at a bad time of day, lighting wise, but by the time people show up the sun has moved a little, or I can just close the curtains to cut out that harsh sunlight that you see.





I would like it if the portable floor could be propped up about 3 ft, so I wouldn't have to crouch down so far to shoot (which is a real pain right now, considering I'm 8 months pregnant!!), the lighting in the room is amazing because of all the windows we have, but a more confined space would be nice for keeping the heat around for newborn shoots (hot = sleepy). And I would love not to have to set it up and take it down each time (but dedicated studio = $$$$). Other than that it's great, and I'm really lucky to have this resource so close at hand!


These are the resulting images:




What does your studio look like?? I'd love to know! :)

1 comments:

Anonymous July 10, 2009 at 4:53 PM  

I love your studio. The floor looks so good. That doll has some pretty sweet light on her face.

My home studio is outside or a white sheet draped over the back of my two club chairs, just inside the patio door.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP