Photos on Flicker

Christine Denis Photography. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

More on Textures

Funny how I post yesterday's post with a couple textures applied to a photo and then look what is featured on Digital Photography School's blog? None other than this: How to Use Textures to Enhance Your Photographs

I find that the technique is quite easy to do, technically speaking, but creatively speaking it's tough (for me anyway...) to get it right. I've taken photos of textures (rocks, bricks, bark, grass) but find them hard to apply well. After reading this, I'm going to try and take photos of softer textures and see what happens. I'll also search for free ones on-line. Of course, there is always the option to purchase, I happened to find this cool site yesterday: Florabella which has some beautiful photos that can be printed and used as artwork, and you can purchase the textures the artist used.

I'd love to see what you can come up with using textures...

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP