Photos on Flicker

Christine Denis Photography. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Friday, May 15, 2009

Photo Montage

I've not been spending too much time on my computer lately, still burnt from last weekend! I now have tonsillitis which I probably caught because I was so run down. This pregnancy is really taking it's tole on me, and I still have 3 months to go. I'm at 27 weeks now, and am wondering where I'll find the energy to make it to the end.

But of the 15 min I did spend on the computer this week, I put together a photo composite montage. A technique my friend Cheryl shared with me after a workshop she did. It's so very simple, almost ridiculously simple to do. Here is the image:


Notice how it has some texture in the photograph. It's basically done by putting a texturized image (in this case I used a photo of an old brick from the market) over an image and changing that layer's blending mode to "multiply" (overlay and softlight could work too) then adjusting the opacity. Gives it a painted renaissance feel to it. Then I stuck on the "May" word art for fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous May 15, 2009 at 9:14 AM  

very artistic.
I see a future in graphic design, stationary design, photography, etc...

Unknown May 16, 2009 at 11:32 PM  

Nice, I like that. Love all of the digital tools you use.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP