Photos on Flicker

Christine Denis Photography. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Friday, September 25, 2009

Location Scouting

Fall is the most beautiful time of year around here, and I love it! As I have two photography sessions coming up soon, I thought I should start to scout locations I have in mind for doing them. So last night after daycare around 5 pm, I took the girls to location #1, Meech Creek Valley midway between our place and Wakefield. We actually had our wedding photos taken here. While the light was still a little too high in the sky, I was very excited about the possibilities of this location. Here are a few samples:

(just please insert better dressed kids here - they are cute and all, but who dresses these two, I mean really....?)












I tried to play around with back-lighting, lens flare and shallow depth of field while there. I think the sun needed to be a little lower as well, but overall I loved it! What do you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous September 25, 2009 at 4:46 PM  

The location is fantastic. I love the fence and the hills in the background. The light was really interesting. I love the last photo - very oil painting-ish.

I have the same problem with my girls and their clothes. If only they would wear what I tell them to! I'd make sure they were always super-cute, accessorized, and would match each other!

Unknown September 25, 2009 at 6:38 PM  

I like the 2nd one and last 2 best. Love the rolling fields! Looks like a great location.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP