Photos on Flicker

Christine Denis Photography. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Chatty Gillian

When Abby was still a baby she used to chat away, babbling non-stop in her own language, and as she grew older she started making more and more sense. Today she is a "good talker" as she likes to say, and wants to say so much at once she is actually starting to stutter.
Well, it's starting to look like Gillian is growing to be just like her big sister. She just talks and talks and talks, non-stop at times (in her own language of course) saying some pretty important things - I'm sure. She will grab a book and start to "read" from it, pointing to the pictures and babbling. This evening, I was reading her a book before bedtime and I realized that she was starting to make a little bit of sense. Well, only to her mother, I'm sure. But I was able to pick up what she was trying to say on two occasions. She would see a picture of a dog and amongst all the babbling, I'd hear "woof, woof" and when I pointed out the banana out came "nana". Everything else that has to do with food is "num-num" and when she sees her bottle of milk there she will start saying "menum-menum" while practically smacking her lips. I just find it so amazing to watch this little person growing and developing and I keep thinking about how we ALL went through that, and that the whole world was such a mystery at one point. And how we got such pleasure from doing such little things like...... STANDING ON TABLES!!!



0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP