Photos on Flicker

Christine Denis Photography. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter Weekend - Newborn Shoot, Egg Hunt, Easter Monday

Last weekend was a long weekend, well for those of us who work and aren't retired - when every day is a long weekend really....

Anyway, Saturday I had the opportunity to do my first baby shoot, with Shawna's baby. Selena Marie was born on April 2nd after narrowly avoiding being an April fools baby. She was 8 days old when we did the shoot and unlike most newborns - didn't want to sleep. Perhaps there is some technique that newborn photographers use to get them to sleep, but clearly I didn't know what it was. To my defence, we spent the first hour of the "shoot" slurping up Pho and chatting, leaving me with only a short amount of time to take photos. One of my take home notes: leave yourself way more room to not be stressed out! Still with the 30 min or so to shoot I'm pleased with the outcome here is a sample:






Then it was Easter Egg Hunt day on Sunday. Abby was very into it this year and kept saying for days after - I want to go outside to find eggs, I want the Easter bunny to come back. Much fun and chocolate was had by all!





Eric was back to work on Monday, so I went for a visit with Beth.

I got to see her newly finished basement (very nice!!) and take a couple photos, of course!!





By the end of the weekend we were all pretty tired, especially Abby. I had my photography class on Monday - second to last one. But I couldn't stay the whole time, I really burnt out by the break so I went home. We've been working on Photoshop for the past 3 weeks and I've learned a few cool techniques. I've also realized that I know Photoshop well for some things, but for photography, I have loads to learn! But that is all part of the fun eh?

1 comments:

Unknown April 15, 2009 at 10:11 PM  

Newborn shots were good, I like the first three. You should have used vivid colour last week! Abby's shirt is vivid for sure!!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP