Photos on Flicker

Christine Denis Photography. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Friday, February 13, 2009

Bokeh and a vote....

I was browsing through Flickr and came across the bokeh group. What does that mean - bokeh?? I asked myself, so I naturally used Google which lead me to Wikipedia and got this:

"Bokeh (derived from Japanese, a noun boke 暈け, meaning "blurred or fuzzy") is a photographic term referring to the appearance of out-of-focus areas in an image produced by a camera lens using a shallow depth of field.[1] Different lens bokeh produces different aesthetic qualities in out-of-focus backgrounds, which are often used to reduce distractions and emphasize the primary subject."

Right. So it's basically the new "IT" word for photos using a shallow depth of field. I guess since I'm not too hip and happening, I didn't know what the word is, but I do have some bokeh to share with you, so there is some hipness in there:

Christmas decor in Dec.

Puzzel bokeh

Covered bridge bokeh

Which takes me to my "shoot" today to get some pics for my photo homework. Here are some highlights:


1. Bender was my assistant (not very useful, but cute)


2. The Meech Creek Valley

3. Meech Creek Valley covered bridge.
(the location of some of our wedding photos)


4. Gnarly tree

5. Meech Creek Valley with sun flare

6. Fence with green

I had fun, almost froze to death (it was about -10C with lots of wind!!), but got some good shots.

Can I ask a favour - I'm curious to find out which of these is your favourite. Click on comment below and tell me which number and why? Don't be shy!! - Thanks!

More photos to follow tomorrow after the field trip to Parliament Hill. Maybe I'll get some for Jen's Challenge this week: Composition with S-Curve as the subject (it's no fair though, she has the Olympic Luge track in her backyard.... ;) )


4 comments:

Unknown February 13, 2009 at 10:58 PM  

HMMM, 1, 2 & 5. If pushed, I think 5 which surprises me because it doesn't have a lot of subject matter, but it is a great photo. Of course, I like 1 too because dogs are always outstanding & Bender looks so regal in that shot! What was your assignment? What "darkroom" stuff did you use? It looks antiqui (sorry not a word!) Oh and I can't get to the luge track until next Friday so you are safe for a few days!!

Anonymous February 14, 2009 at 10:54 AM  

I like the one of Bender. I like the antique look. If I can vote for it, my favourite is probably the Christmas decoration. I love the composition and the bokeh!

Anonymous February 28, 2009 at 10:46 AM  

I like Bender. Your photo is super. It's so hard to get the details in a black dong.

Uncle Peter

Anonymous February 28, 2009 at 10:48 AM  

CORRECTION!!!!!!!

DOG.

Peter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP