Photos on Flicker

Christine Denis Photography. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Friday, December 5, 2008

Mommy, I want a Gingerbread House...

Uh, oh! Abby uttered those terrifying words to me yesterday. My heart stopped, I started to panic, breaking out into a cold sweat. "Maddie (her friend at daycare) has one... I want one like her..". I had flashes of my "gingerbread house" a la Martha last year - burnt, overdone rock like figures that sort of resembled gingerbread men; Gingerbread house parts, three walls and only one roof piece (of course I didn't make the right parts to actually put the house together); Lots of sticky royal icing, which hardened into granite before I even got it on the house. I could go on and on.... And I wasn't even working at the time, so presumably I had more time to do this! Now I'm officially on a mission to find a Gingerbread House Kit. Please if any of you out there, living in Ottawa, see a Gingerbread House Kit, let me know. I need it! Or, Mom, if you want to make one and bring it over, I'll pay you!! :) We could all decorate it together, just imagine the fun we would have.... please!! (can you tell I'm begging now?)

--------------------------------------------------

Pioneer Woman had a short tutorial on how to quickly fame a photo, and I liked it! this will probably be my new frame for photos now:

1 comments:

Anonymous December 6, 2008 at 1:03 AM  

You can get the kits at Costco, Loblaws, Michaels, etc. We always buy the kits. Very easy. Alternatively, use graham crackers and make a house and then let them decorate.
Have fun!
Thank goodness she's asking for a gingerbread house and not a nose ring or a tatoo.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP