Photos on Flicker

Christine Denis Photography. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Camera gone again...

I'm disappointed, I had to send my camera back for servicing AGAIN!! I'm fearful that I bought a lemon, or that I just have terrible luck with electronics! In April I finally brought it in because of a recurring error99 message, where I'd depress the shutter, and JAM. And the only way to un-jam it was to pull out the batteries, and turn the power back on again. Turns out the entire "mother board" or sensor had to be replaced. Thank god for purchasing the extended guarantee eh! But ever since I got it back, the noise in it has been unbearable. At ISO 200, it's noticeable and then forget ISO 400, speckled! This should not be happening with the Canon 50D. I accept that it will be noisy at 800, and a little noticeable at 400, but not as bad as it is! So I brought it back, as there must be something wrong with the new sensor they installed last time.

The pain is that it's going to be gone for a month! I am on "holidays" for the next three weeks, but still I really want to shoot the kids, I need a camera for Abby's 5th birthday and Madison's 1st birthday, so it is a real in convenience to have this happen now!!

I'm considering buying the Canon G11 for a couple reasons, to at least have a camera on hand, and also to have a smaller point and shoot for those days - (like Lac Phillipe days) - when I just want something small to take snapshots, and don't need to carry around the big DSLR. But then again, maybe I'll just continue saving up for the 5DMII, full frame noiseless wonder! But it's too damn $$$ right now!

Signing off - frustrated! Night Night!


0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP