Photos on Flicker

Christine Denis Photography. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Saturday, July 31, 2010

August Long Weekend

Cheers to the holidays! While being on Mat leave, each day is just like the rest, but still there is something kind of fun about long weekends and holidays. Our daycare provider closed for her three week holiday and Eric also took the 3 weeks off as well, so technically we are on holiday right now! We decided to just stick close to home with no plans to really go anywhere major during the time off. Honestly with where we live, and having so much access to water, why do we need to go anywhere really? The first week has been jammed packed full of swimming, visiting and fun in the beautiful sun.

As you know I was so upset because my camera had to off to the "shop" again, so I was kind of in photo withdrawal. I had been planning on upgrading my camera in the near future to a 5DMII, but I also had it in my mind to pick up a Point and Shoot to have something manageable to carry when out with the kids for the day. Also a point and shoot is a little less intimidating for Eric to use. So I decided that the 5DMII can wait for Christmas, or next year's birthday, and to pick up the Canon G11. We used to have a Canon G6 (at least I think it was a 6) years ago that my dad had given us, and I really liked that camera. And since I'm generally a Canon fan, I stuck with what I knew and picked it up yesterday! I know seems a little impulsive, but honestly I was planning on giving Eric a camera for Christmas last year, but decided to wait!


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And then a few shots from today!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP