Photos on Flicker

Christine Denis Photography. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Walk in the woods

This morning was sunny, and forecast to be the only sunny time of the weekend so we went for a walk in the woods. We drove over to the Gatineau Park visitors centre and walked the Sugar Bush trail. It's really not a very exciting trail, but it's short, flat & wide and not rocky. Perfect for Abby to walk, and for Gillan too, but she stayed in the backpack carrier the whole time. It was a nice little walk. Here a the photos. I didn't get too many good ones, because my camera is terrible in low light. Most of them were blurry which is very frustrating!!






After the walk we stopped in at the Chelsea's Market, which is held in a field beside all the soccer fields. It's the place many people go to on Saturday mornings to pick up a few things and meet for a smoothie or a cup of coffee. We bumped into a couple neighbours as well as Phyllis, Savanna, and her Mom. I'm not a huge fan of the market, I think it could be so much more than it actually is, not too many fruits and veggies, and really not too many stalls - probably 15 -20 in all. But it's fun to get out and see the neighbours and the girls love it.

On another note. We watched the Olympic opening ceremonies last night. And all I can say is WOW! It's incredible how much money and effort they put into it. My favourite part was the firework footsteps walking across Beijing and then the 2008 drummers all drumming in unison... just so freakin' cool!

Here is a layout I did today. It's a cute shot of the girls peeking over the raining on the deck, looking for Bender's ball...

1 comments:

Anonymous August 10, 2008 at 11:31 AM  

I have to say I really like the blurred effect near Abby's feet on the picture of her on the rocky path.

The layout is cool, and SO Christine, but I always feel nervous when I see anyone leaning over that railing! It is SO far down!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP