Photos on Flicker

Christine Denis Photography. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Toddlerville and Montreal

So we are STILL living without a washer. After two months of no washer, I'm officially going to loose my mind. Yesterday turned into a not so good day. Abby woke up with a bleeding nose, one that wouldn't stop, she was incredibly cranky and irritable also. The bleeding nose stopped, but the mood didn't. She basically spent the day pushing Gillian around and not listening to me EVER! Since Eric was volunteering at the GRYC, I decided that I couldn't go shopping, but had to go to Mom and Dad's to do our laundry. It takes so long to do one load, so I only got through 1 1/2 loads before I had to go home for the kid's nap. Abby, of course, chose yesterday not to nap, and spent the day screaming, crying and being the toddler from hell. Luckily there was a light at the end of the day, and that was dinner at our friends Leif and Wendy's place. As always we had a wonderful meal, some great wine and a fun with Shamu in their new pool!


Gillian checks out Daddy working the crash
boat at the GRYC Invitational.

Looking for Bender's ball here.

Today we drove to Montreal for my cousin Frank and Christine's son's baptism. I was designated god-mother and hadn't seen them in a while, so it was nice to go and catch up. It was a lot to do in a day - especially with the two girls, but worth it. Although poor little Richard Jr. didn't care so much for the baptism part and did what any toddler would do - scream! But in the end he was baptized, and we got to introduce Abby and Gillian to the rest of the family. I'd like to plan a more civilized visit with the family - one where we don't have to go running out the door because the girls are starting to melt down!


Little Richard (newly baptized) and Abby (un-baptized)
These two are 7 months apart.


The older generation -
(not sure who the gentleman on the left it), then my Dad, My Uncle Peter,
my Mom and Frank (Richard jr.'s dad and from the middle generation.


Gillian checks out her (second) cousins


Richard, Adrienne and Abigail take a juice break



it was hot in the church...
(Dad, Frank, Eric and Christine Denis - the second)

It was a long weekend, not a whole lot of resting and too much rushing from one thing to the next. So we've designated tomorrow a veg out day. We'll go swimming, maybe go for a walk in the woods, but generally just take it easy and not rush anywhere with crazy toddler and baby in hand!

1 comments:

Anonymous August 4, 2008 at 12:34 PM  

I can't believe you have gone that long without a washing machine. What a pain in the a%#!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP