Photos on Flicker

Christine Denis Photography. Get yours at bighugelabs.com

Monday, August 9, 2010

Melow Yellow, Green Day

The weekend was nuts. Nuts in the fun sense of the word, but still nuts.

Friday night, as I've already blogged, was full getting ready for Abby's party, which was a huge success. Saturday was the clean-up and prep for an evening out with Michael Buble!! We went with our cottage friends for dinner and concert, and while I was totally exhausted, I really really enjoyed the night! And what can I say about Michael.. he is just so charismatic, hot, talented, and fun to see in concert! Sunday rolled around and still with little sleep, we managed to get ready for having our parents over for Abby's second birthday party/dinner! I made a fantastic Stuffed Pork Tenderloin from the Canadian Living Cookbook, parents brought the wine and gift and my mother in law brought the cake. It was so good, even the kids ate it!! :)

We were all just bagged after all this, so today was a mellow day! We didn't go anywhere. Just stayed put. It was so nice not to have to drive, grocery shop or clean the house. Eric went for a run and I went for a walk in the woods. I rarely get to go out for a walk on my own, no kids no husband just me and the dog. I took the opportunity to bring along Gigi the G11, and try and capture my photo of the day for The August Break. I was feeling inspired and motivated, perhaps because I was alone and had some time to think about what to shoot, rather than just tending to the kids. It was fun. And this is what I got:


The Walk ~ Aug 9, 2010
The August Break, Aug 9th, 2010

Looking Up...

Morning Dew

Reflections

Bender in the Frame

Young Hemlock

New

Lady and the flower

Weeds

And just one to share from Sunday night, as all the other shots were crap, so I'm not posting them!

The Light ~ Aug 8th, 2010
The August Break, Aug 8th, 2010

1 comments:

Sandra Finner August 10, 2010 at 8:19 AM  

Lovely shots Christine. I love those solitary walks to get some breathing time.It's when I do my best thinking.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP